01 October 2009

Just a little bit behind

I have been in the Air Force for over 8 years now and in those eight years I have spent 5 of them at Ft. Lewis, WA.  In those 5 years I have been deployed twice, once to Iraq and once to to Afghanistan, for six months at a shot.  During both of these deployments I have worked with the New Salem Journal in New Salem, ND to write a letter for them each week during my deployments to tell the people back home about what we do here.

Well up until now I have been typing up all of my letters in Microsoft Word and emailing them to the editor of the paper so that they could print them.  It started out that I would just email them to him while I was in Iraq and then after that I created a whole email list of people that wanted to read the articles.  Most of them are family and close friends but I know that some of them have been forwarding them on to some of their family and friends and so the letters have been getting pretty good coverage.  My grandparents even recently got a computer and I have been emailing the letters to them as well but I failed to realize that they might not be able to open them since I don't know if they have Word on their computer and so I started attaching the letters in a pdf file as well and that seems to work fairly well, but I thought that it might be good to post them for everyone else to see.

I am going to go through my computer and post all of the letters that I have for both Iraq and Afghanistan so that I can get them all archived here on this blog.  Since I have the ability to actually change the date that these are being posted I am going to have them posted on the actual date that they were written so that it is easier to keep them in order.  If you have any comments please feel free to leave them on here or you can send an email to the email address in the letters, though I may not get them for a while after I get back since I don't check that email address all that often.  Also, feel free to share this with whomever you like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home